Non-Profit Club / Organization - Service
Just once month after the Chamber's incorporation August 22, 1899, it scored its first industrial victory by convincing the Bell Watch Case Works to Mansfield, OH. In 1907, Chamber president H.L. Reed founded a department store, which became Mansfield's oldest and largest retail establishment. In the 1950?s Mansfield attracted such businesses as Stone Container Corporation of Chicago, Convey-All-Metal Products, Case and Maul Manufacturing and Therm-O-Disc. The biggest news of the decade came from General Motors, which chose Richland County for a stamping plant with the potential of 2,000 new jobs.
The Chamber soon began expanding its sights beyond the downtown and officially changed its name to the Mansfield Area Chamber of Commerce in August 5, 1959.
On May 8, 1973, the Mansfield Area Chamber of Commerce was officially recognized as a fully accredited Chamber of the United States.
On March of 1974, the Chamber celebrated 75 years of service with a Diamond Anniversary Dinner. On August 25, 1975, the Chamber became the Mansfield-Richland Area Chamber of Commerce.
In 1992, the Chamber entered into agreement with the Greater Cleveland Growth Association and Council of Small Enterprises (COSE) to offer cost-effective group health insurance to small businesses through Medical Mutual of Ohio. Over the years, this has proven to be one of the most valuable benefits of belonging to the Chamber.
In January, 1999, the Chamber celebrated its 100th anniversary during its Annual Meeting and Dinner at the Holiday Inn, followed by a sold-out concert featuring the Coasters, Drifters, and Platters at the Renaissance Theatre.