The Chamber offers benefits that help you run a successful business. These benefits focus on the following five key areas:
Extend Your Reach
“The value that I receive from my Chamber membership far outweighs the cost. For me, the opportunities that have been created as a result of my membership in the Chamber are invaluable and I am incredibly grateful for all that the Ashland Chamber does for Wager's Way!” Ginny Telego, Wager's Way
- Membership Directory presence (printed and online)
- Chamber office referrals through calls and inquiries
- Include your business in the informational packets given to new residents, children and Ashland visitors
- The Chamber’s website appears near the top of any search for Ashland, increasing your exposure to anyone interested in our city. You can even have a page on the chamber’s site! The “Our Members” webpages receive well over half a million hits annually!
- Posting of News and Job Openings
- Promote your upcoming business event or make an announcement in the Chamber’s website news.
- Publicize your business in the office display area at the Chamber.
- Advertise on area maps, in the Membership Directory & Buyer’s Guide, within printed event materials, and with the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Sponsor Chamber events and/or tables at events.
- Show that you are trustworthy! Did you know that according to a recent national study by the Atlanta-based Shapiro Group, 63% of the public prefers to do business with a local chamber member?
Connect With Community
“I attend chamber events to support and network with other professionals in the Ashland Community. It also allows me the opportunities to promote and market my business through the Chamber. What a great way to connect and network!” Carol Snyder, Farmers State Bank
- Build relationships with other Ashland professionals by getting involved in planning the Chamber events and programs, and participating on the Chamber's action committees.
- Attend exciting special events ranging from the Annual Member Awards Banquet to the Golf Outing to Friday Focus Luncheons. You will build relationships while you eat well, laugh a little and learn a lot!
- Choose from several Chamber Connection Groups, allowing you to relate with other professionals through your commonalities.
- Recognize, support, and celebrate your staff and community at Chamber events.
- Participate in other Divisions of the Chamber including the Convention and Visitors Bureau, Leadership Ashland and the Ashland Area Safety Council. Take advantage!
- It’s energizing to support your community! Participate in some of the many programs, activities and events that the Chamber offers.
- People do business with people they know and trust! Attend events, connect with others, build your business and personal relationships, and then watch what happens! Business is promoted and community is enhanced!
"Having a membership in the Chamber has been one of the best business decisions I ever made. Being a sole proprietor, I do not have a large staff to assist and advise me with business issues. Joining the Chamber added four key players to the Academy Team without adding them to the payroll!" Ruth Diehl, Ruth's Driving Academy
- Call the Chamber if you need a speaker or consultant. The staff has expertise in business planning, SWOT Analysis, human resources, OSHA, Worker's Compensation, software programs and much more.
- Need to send a mailing? Get labels or a spreadsheet of members’ contact information easily.
- Data on City, County and State demographic: Cost of Living and Wage and Benefit data are available for your research needs.
- Go to the Chamber to get free Certificates of Origin for mailing overseas.
- Leadership Ashland, Ashland Safety Council and SCORE are located at the Chamber, offering excellent advice and information.
- Find maps or use our notary service whenever you need it.
- Display the Chamber logo on your windows and doors, website, vehicles, advertisements, printed materials, even clothing! Proudly demonstrate that your organization partners with your local Chamber to “promotes business to enhance community.”
Learn and Affect
“My involvement in the Ashland Area Business Connections Group has provided a breath of fresh air to meet in a relaxed setting and brainstorm on business methods and techniques. What I enjoy most about the group is the variety of experience and wealth of knowledge that is readily available. This collective group of ages makes for great ideas and perspectivies that you can take with you and utilize to make your small business successful.” Jason Schwalm, Bo Lacey Construction
- Whether from a speaker at the Annual Member Awards Banquet or a new acquaintance at a Business Spotlight, you will learn from professionals at every Chamber event.
- Professional training is continuously provided through numerous Chamber programs.
- Incorporate INDABA’s web-based management training program.
- Take advantage of member development opportunites that provide training on various business issues.
- Keep your employees safe with training from the Ashland Area Safety Council program.
- Participate in Connection Groups and committees to affect change, establish policy and educate you and your business.
- Be a part of the pro-business voice - the Chamber is your advocate at the local, state, and national level!
“Because of our Chamber membership, I was able to work with Alternate Energy Solutions regarding the utility bills for the Ashland County Fairgrounds. The process was very simple and we are now saving more than $3,000 per year! The savings are impressive as was their service and follow-up.” Steve Englet, Ashland County Fairgrounds
- Receive at least a 4% group rating discount with Anthem Health Care Insurance. Chamber members save $143,000 per year, an average of more than $2,000 per member annually!
- Receive significant savings (up to 53% off) on your BWC rates through the Chamber-sponsored Careworks group rating and retro program. Participating Chamber members save more than $2,450 per year!
- Save on your gas and electric bills through Alternative Energy Source. Chamber members save an average of $12,500 annually!
- Get a 25% discount on using Constant Contact email database for use in sharing your business with others.
- Receive discounted rates to advertise with the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Save advertising dollars by using the Chamber’s communication networks: newsletters, website, ePublications and mailings. They have over 1,500 business professional’s email addresses and have well over a half a million hits a year on their website!
- Participate in the Ashland Area Safety Council and save up to 4% on your BWC rate! Average annual savings per participant is $3,000!